Sugar Snap Pea Sauté
This simple and inexpensive recipe brings out the natural sweetness and texture of freshly picked sugar snap peas. Remember it when it is time to harvest!
Sugar snap peas (3-4 oz./serving)
Butter (1/2 Tbsp/serving)
Salt (to taste)
- Snap off the tips of the pods, pulling down to remove the strings along both edges..
- Cut the peas into sections 1/2" long.
- Add to a saute pan with 1/4 Cup water and butter. Salt lightly.
- Lay the slices on a large piece of foil. Sprinkle the sliced squash with salt and Thyme.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook for several minutes taking care not to overcook. The peas should be coated with the butter, bright green and tender.