Sugar Snap Pea Saut�
This simple and inexpensive recipe brings out the natural sweetness and texture of freshly picked sugar snap peas. Remember it when it is time to harvest!
Sugar snap peas (3-4 oz./serving)
Butter (1/2 Tbsp/serving)
Salt (to taste)
- Snap off the tips of the pods, pulling down to remove the strings along both edges..
- Cut the peas into sections 1/2" long.
- Add to a saute pan with 1/4 Cup water and butter. Salt lightly.
- Lay the slices on a large piece of foil. Sprinkle the sliced squash with salt and Thyme.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook for several minutes taking care not to overcook. The peas should be coated with the butter, bright green and tender.